The breed is relatively young, and as such, we have access to it’s beginning tales and dogs that other breeds simply do not. Being able to track that history is a pretty fun and wonderful way to honor the past and pave the way to the future. It’s my hope that more people work to preserve history where they can.
As such, I maintain a photo, document, and video archive. Please consider contributing materials to either – I can scan and create videos from original materials. 🙂 You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wonderful off-site places to view history of the dogs (I welcome more submissions I might have missed!):
- Australian Shepherd Foundation and History – on Facebook – a wonderful place to see photos, ask questions, and talk to many of the founders still around today
- Las Rocosa History Page – maintained by the Hartnagle family, a history of their dogs, the dogs in general, and ASCA
- Aussie Info –
- Stockdog Library – not just Aussie history, but a great resource of it
- AussieInfo Timeline – see where the working dogs have started and come
- All About Aussies – not just a history blog, but a lot of good stuff in there!
- ASCA History – as told by Terry Martin
- Australian Shepherds of the Mountain West – a HUGE book with pedigree and historical information
- ASCA Yearbooks – get them while they’re still in print!