CA Sharp is the inspiration for this podcast: we’ve been sharing a couple hours in the car for sheep lesson commutes and talking about the dogs and dog clubs (amongst other things) and I was learning so much, I thought more people should have the opportunity to.
She’s also a very well known person in the breed – doing breed health and DNA research and reporting for as long as I can remember – though she’s really a trained accountant and science fiction writer!
In this session, we find out about:
- How CA Sharp came into the breed (by showing in conformation)
- About her dogs and the Dragonwyre kennel name
- What dog shows were like in the early days of ASCA
- A little about the first ASCA stockdog trial (an invitational)
- The long road to how ASHGI – the Australian Shepherd Health and Genetics Institute got founded
- Advice for breeders and puppy buyers about maintaining health in the breed
- More about the Open Health Database and how to use it!
Links and resources mentioned:
- ASHGI – the Australian Shepherd Health and Genetics Institute
- Silver: The Only Dog (the story she references)
And some photos of the dogs CA mentions:
To get more podcasts directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes !
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so I can contact you later on and say thanks!
You can ask questions and leave comments at 805 225 3073